Why wait for a storm to hit the Outer Banks and Eastern North Carolina vulnerable areas? Upgrade and protect your roof with Patriots’ Roofing and a $6,000 grant from the Fortified tm Strengthen Your Roof Program endorsed by the North Carolina Insurance Underwriting Association (NCIUA). Available on first-come, first-serve basis to NCIUA endorsed policy holders.
Patriots’ Roofing is a certified, trusted GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractor that qualified for the Strengthen Your Roof program. You’ll find Patriots’ Roofing in the Strengthen Your Roof Contractor Directory where you can select Patriots’ Roofing as your Strengthen Your Roof advisor and contractor.
“Patriots’ Roofing is pleased to support FORTIFIEDtm Home,” Nate Eslep, Patriots’ Roofing Outer Banks director, says. “We believe in strengthening our communities and will continue to demonstrate our commitment to help our customers protect what is priceless.”
Grants are to NCIUA policy holders on a first come first serve basis and are not available to roofs that have already sustained major damage. The Strengthen Your Roof program is designed to prevent future losses. The idea of “coastal resilience” means lessening the impact of severe weather so they are just a “bump in the road” and not a roofing economic disaster for homeowners.
FORTIFIED is a voluntary construction and re-roofing Program designed to strengthen homes against specific types of severe weather such as high winds, hail, hurricanes and even tornados. When severe weather strikes, a FORTIFIED tm Roof keeps the wind and rain out, preventing a cascade of damage that can destroy your home and belongings. FORTIFIED tm Roof was specifically designed to prevent damage that commonly occurs during high winds, hurricanes, hailstorms, severe thunderstorms, and even tornadoes up to EF-2. No matter what type of roof you have—shingles, metal, or tile—the following FORTIFIED tm Roof requirements will make your home stronger.
Call us at 252-423-9510. Let’s take a look at that roof and get started!
- STRONGER EDGES. Roof damage often begins when wind gets underneath the roof edge and begins ripping it away from the home. To help protect this vulnerable area, FORTIFIEDtm requires specific materials and installation methods, including a wider drip edge and a fully adhered starter strip, that when used together create a stronger system. If wind rips off your roof covering (like shingles, metal panels or tiles), it exposes the wood beneath and allows water to pass through the gaps and enter your home. IBHS testing shows that for every inch of rain to hit an exposed roof deck, the equivalent of nine bathtubs of water can pour in and cause significant interior damage. By sealing the seams of your roof deck, you can reduce that water-intrusion by up to 95%!
- SEALED ROOF DECK. If wind rips off your roof covering―such as shingles, metal panels or tiles―it exposes the wood beneath and allows water to pass through the gaps and enter your home. FORTIFIED tm requires roof decks to be sealed to prevent this type of water damage.
- BETTER ATTACHMENT. Instead of common smooth nails, FORTIFIEDtm requires ring-shank nails, installed in an enhanced pattern, to help keep the roof deck attached to your home in high winds. In fact, using ring-shank nails nearly doubles the strength of your roof against the forces of winds. When severe weather hits, keeping your roof deck attached to your home is key to blocking storm pressure and rain from entering your home. IBHS testing shows that switching from common smooth nails to 8D ring-shank nails and decreasing the space between nails, can double the uplift your roof can withstand.
• IMPACT-RESISTANT SHINGLES. In hail-prone areas, FORTIFIEDtm requires shingles tested by IBHS to show they can withstand hail up to 2 inches in diameter. These shingles outperform typical Class 4 shingles when tested against realistic hailstones and will better protect your home.
• WIND AND RAIN-RESISTANT ATTIC VENTS. During severe-weather events, high winds can pull typical attic vents loose, giving the storm a pathway into your home. Even when it doesn’t pull vents loose, wind can drive rain almost sideways, allowing it to enter your home through vents that are not designed to prevent it. To keep this from happening, FORTIFIEDtm requires attic vents that are wind and rain resistant.
CHIMNEY BRACING. High winds can tear chimney framing off the roof of the home, leaving a hole in the roof and allowing rain to easily enter, which typically leads to significant interior damage. FORTIFIED tm requires chimneys to be anchored to the home to help spread the load and prevent tear-offs.
The FORTIFIED Home™ program, also known as IBHS FORTIFIED , uses retrofit techniques to strengthen new and existing homes, making them more resistant to hurricanes and other severe weather as shown in the video below. This program includes an intensive inspection by an independent, third-party, certified evaluator who puts together a comprehensive evaluation report once the inspection is complete. The report contains verified information regarding your home’s current disaster resistance, materials and methods used during construction. This type of information is not generally made available for homes that are not fortified.
Be sure to choose Patriots’ Roofing as your Strengthen Your Roof contractor. In Eastern North Carolina, call us today at 252-423-9510.
Easten North Carolina Fortified Roofingtm Coverage Areas
We provide our talented roofing installers to cities and adjoining communities in the Coastal Outer Banks, North Carolina area including:
- Cape Hatteras
- Carova Beach</>
- Kill Devil Hills
- Kitty Hawk
- Morehead City
- Nags Head
- Southern Shores
Patriots’ Roofing can also service the Inner Banks areas of Chowan, Pasquotank, Tyrrell, Onslow, New Hanover, Carteret, Pamlico, Hyde and Bertie counties.